Sometimes we just don’t have the time to make it to the gym. For those days were you need to be from point A to Z and it feels like you don’t have enough hours in the day, your body weight comes in handy. You can use your own body weight to workout anywhere and anytime. No extra trip to the gym, no need to buy weights, it’s all you! Make the time in your day with this easy 15 minute workout. Read more for a full routine that’s as easy as 1-2-3, along with tips and trips to help you along the way to your fitness and health goals!
Let us help you with your goals! Contact us for a personal training session to see how we can personalize your workouts and allow you to get the most out of your fitness regimen!
You may only have 15 minutes, but warm ups are extremely important for preparing your muscles and increasing your range of motion, allowing you to get the most out of your exercises.
- 90 Seconds: Spider Lunge With Twist + Jumping Jacks
- Start standing tall, then fold forward.
- Walk your hands out to a high plank, then bring your right foot and set it on the floor on the outside of your right hand.
- Reach your right arm to the ceiling and twist your torso to the right. Return your arm back to the ground and step your right foot back so that you’re in high plank. Repeat on the left side.
- Then walk your hands back to your feet and roll up to stand. Do 10 jumping jacks, and start again from the beginning. Continue for 90 seconds.
2. 45 Seconds: Squat To Front Lunge
- Start standing with feet hip-distance apart. Shift your weight into your heels and sit back to perform a squat, bending your knees to 90 degrees without letting them go beyond the toes.
- Push through your heels to return to standing and now take a step forward with your right leg, and bend both knees so that you’re in a lunge position.
- Step back to standing and repeat, starting with a squat, but now stepping forward with your left leg. Continue alternating for 45 seconds.
3. 45 Seconds: Reverse Lunge To Straight-Leg Front Kick
- Start standing with feet hip-distance apart. Step your right leg back and lower into a lunge, aiming for a 90-degree bend in both knees.
- As you return to standing, sweep your right leg forward into a front kick, keeping the leg straight.
- Repeat on the left side and continue alternating for 45 seconds.
Here is where the workout magic happens! This full-body workout will allow you to work the major muscles in your body while also getting that cardio in.
- 30 Seconds: 8 High Knees + 2 Drop Squats
- Perform eight high knees in place, driving elbows back. (It’s like an exaggerated running in place where you’re trying to lift your knees to your hips.)
- Then, jump out into a squat with feet parallel, tapping your right hand on the ground between your feet. Jump back together and repeat, tapping your left hand to floor. Repeat for 30 seconds.
2. 30 Seconds: Break Dancers
- Start on all fours with your hands and toes on the ground and your feet slightly wider than hip-distance apart.
- Lift your right hand towards the ceiling and kick your left leg through, twisting your body to face the right.
- Come back to start and repeat on the opposite side. Continue for 30 seconds.
3. 30 Seconds: Burpee Push-Up Broad Jump
- Start in a high plank and perform a push-up, bringing your chest as close to the floor as you can.
- Jump your feet to the outsides of your hands. Start to stand up and instead of jumping up, jump forward (distance is the goal).
- Now jump up and turn around 180 degrees.
- Place your hands back on the floor and jump feet back to high plank and start from the beginning. Repeat for 30 seconds.
3) Don’t Forget To Cool Down!
This can be incorporated into whatever you’re doing next, maybe walking to your next destination, stretching while you wait for your shower water to warm up, or even stretching before you go to bed.