By Jude Burnside // October 2016
Healthy One-Pot Veggie Chili
Prefect for meal prep and chilly fall days! Freezes and thaws well too!
What you will need:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup dry red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can no salt added kidney beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can no salt added black beans, drained
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the oil, red onion, red pepper, sea salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, to allow the onions to sweat.
- Add jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, diced tomatoes, and vegetable broth to the pan and stir to combine.
- Bring to a low boil over medium high heat, then add the lentils and reduce heat to medium-low to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the lentils are mostly tender, adding more vegetable broth as needed to keep the lentils fully submerged.
- Add the drained kidney beans, black beans, and corn, and stir to combine. Return to a simmer over medium heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt or pepper as needed.