Where is Fitness Resources located?
What is the difference between Fitness Resources Personal Training and other workout facilities?
Can I stop in and work out whenever I like?
When do I pay for my Fitness Resources personal training?
How many times per week should I workout?
How many sets and reps. should I do?
How do I know if I am using the right amount of resistance?
I have heard that I should do a different body part every day.
I have a hard time doing 20 minutes at a time for aerobics, what should I do. I need to lose weight.
1. You Will Burn More Fat If You Exercise Longer at a Lower Intensity. The most important focus in exercise and fat weight control is not the percentage of exercise energy coming from fat but the total energy cost, how many calories are burned during the activity. The faster you walk, step or run, for example, the more calories you use per minute. However, high-intensity exercise is difficult to sustain if you are just beginning or returning to exercise, so you may not exercise very long at this level. It is safer, and more practical, to start out a t a lower intensity and work your way up gradually.
2. If You’re Not Going to Work Out Hard and Often, Exercise is a Waste of Time. This kind of thinking keeps a lot of people from maintaining or even starting an exercise program. Research continues to show that any exercise is better than none. For example, regular walking r gardening for as little as an hour a week as been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease.
3. Yoga Is a Completely Gentle and Safe Exercise. Yoga is an excellent form of exercise, but some styles are quite rigorous and demanding both physically and mentally. As with any form of exercise, qualified, careful instruction is necessary for a safe, effective workout.
4. If You Exercise Long and Hard Enough, You will Always get the Results You Want. In reality, genetics plays an important role in how people respond to exercise. Studies have shown a wide variation in how different exercisers respond to the same training program. Your development of strength, speed and endurance may be very different from that of other people you know.
5. Exercise Is One Sure Way to Lose All the Weight You Desire. As with all responses to exercises, weight gain or loss is impacted by many factors, including dietary intake and genetics. All individuals will not lose the same amount of weight on the same exercise program. It is impossible to be active and overweight. However, although exercise alone cannot guarantee your ideal weight, regular physical activity is one of the most important factors for successful long-tem weight management.
6. If You Want to Lose Weight, Stay Away Form Strength Training Because You Will Bulk Up. Most exercise experts believe that cardiovascular exercise and strength training are both valuable for maintaining a healthy weight. Strength training helps maintain muscle mass and decrease body fat percentage.
7. Water Fitness Programs Are Primarily for Older People or Exercisers With Injuries. Recent research has shown that water fitness programs can be highly challenging and effective for both improving fitness and losing weight. Even top athletes integrate water fitness workouts into their training. Programs.
8. The Health and Fitness Benefits of Mind-Body Exercise Like Tai Chi and Yoga are Questionable. In fact, research showing the benefits of these exercises continues to grow. Tai chi, for example, has been shown to help treat low-back pain and fibromyalgia. Improved flexibility, balance, coordination, posture, strength and stress management are just some of the potential results of mind-body exercise.