By Jude Burnside // December 2016
It’s easy to find the warmth of your home much more appealing than a trip to the gym. It doesn’t help that the holidays bring joy, laughter, and food. So, so much food. One thing leads to the next, and you’ve found yourself at a workout block.
We’re here to help you out of it. Here are our best tips and tricks for avoiding that wintry slump. Oh, and if you need a place to workout, we’ve got you. (24/7 too!)
8 Ways to Avoid the Winter Workout Block
- Embrace the cold. It’s chilly. Not just chilly, but -10 degrees and that’s not including wind chill. But you know what will warm you up? A quick workout!
- Treat yo self, to new workout gear. Post-holiday gift cards have to be spent at some time. So, why not spend that new Target gift card on a new workout outfit? It’s sure to motivate you the second you slip into it.
- Take it slow. What’s the rush? Sadly, the snow isn’t going anywhere for at least two more months. So take it slow and steady. Try to workout 3 times a week at the minimum, and amp it up as beach season comes closer into view.
- Set a big goal. I know, we said to go slow. So set a goal that you can reach in 6-8 months. Keeping your eyes on the prize will get your butt into the gym, and if you can get past the snow and slush then you’ll be sure to reach it!
- Workout with a friend! This one goes without explanation, but did you know that Fitness Resources offers a discount for personal training lessons when you workout with a pal?
- Refresh your workout playlist. Whatever gets you in the mood, explore a little more of it. Use that iTunes gift card or Spotify subscription for some new pump-up tunes. Don’t have either? See #2.
- Spice up your diet. Or spice it down. Just change it up a little. Find some new healthy snacks and meals to make and get excited to add them to your personal menu. If you need some, we always have your back.